Chandigarh, , , Zirakpur, Panchkula, Sector 32 Chandigarh, IT Park
Role Title: Lead (QE)
Reports To: Manager (QE)
Supervises: 4-7 Team Members
Qualification: B. E./B.Tech (Computer Science)/ MCA or equivalent in software domain. Any testing related certification would be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: 5-7 years of total work experience in testing domain with 3+years of relevant software testing experience in a team management role.
Role Description: The incumbent is responsible for overall quality of the Web 2.0 platform in Microsoft Technologies (ASP.net/ SQL). The role of a Lead (QE) will include analyzing requirement for functional specification and use cases, test planning, resource allocation, managing timely and quality completion of testing and Management Reporting.
Principle Accountabilities: Project Planning:
- Work closely with Product and Development team to define scope and functional requirements and capture them in standard notations.
- Work with Development Managers on project plan and develop realistic test plan complete with milestones, deadlines, methods to be used, resource planning etc.
- Manage changes to scope, timelines and available resources through modifying the existing test plan
- Monitor testing activities on a routine basis and ensure that task completion is according to delivery schedule and desired quality standard
Define testing team organization, goals and allocate tasks to team members
- Monitor performance of Team on a routine basis through tracking milestone completion status or through review meetings and manage team / team member performance accordingly
- Provide technical guidance to Team Member's on complex issues.
Raise any staffing needs for testing in a timely fashion to HR and participate in the selection process
Communication and Feedback:
- Coordinate with Software Development group for reviews and bug status
Reporting and Documentation:
- Track milestone achievement on a routine basis and submit project status reports according to defined timelines
- Perform root cause analysis for all issues, categorize bugs , report trends and define strategy for ensuring high quality product rollouts.
Training and Development:
- Work towards developing own skills on Project Management
- Mentor Team on an ongoing basis and provide technical guidance to improve their technical competence
- Hold training sessions to develop Team's technical competence in a structured manner
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities
- Solid work experience using Agile methodologies
Well versed with various testing techniques such as blackbox,
whitebox, scalability, performance, stress / load and regression testing.
- Strong experience with Automation frameworks like Selenium.
- Knowledge of Bug Tracking and Management Tools like Bugzilla, TestLog, Quality Center, JIRA etc.
- Strong knowledge about fundamentals of Database Query and working with RDBMS (preferably SQL Server)
|Industry||IT Software - QA / Testing / Documentation|
|Work Experience||5 Years|
|Qualification||Other Master Degree|